There are, as to be expected, several side effects that go along with a regimen such as this. I’m sure that I’ll keep finding new ones as time progresses, too. I’ll try to keep this list updated with effects found by both James and myself.
- Temperature sensitivity – James reports that it’s worse with cold, but we are both having a hard time with the hot summer, this year. I’ve overheated a few times, to the point of shaking and panicking, needing a cold shower and a bit lying down to stay calm.
- Sweating – James and I have both reported that we are sweating a ridiculous amount, almost all on the face and head, but also chest and back. This has gotten so bad for me that I’ve started carrying a paper towel or handkerchief with me when I walk the dog, so that I can mop up the sweat.
- Soreness – I’ve noticed some joint soreness when I wake up, and some testicular soreness just in general. I’m not including the soreness from nicking a nerve while giving an IM shot, of course.
- Fatigue – I’ve been sleeping a lot and get tired pretty easily now. It’s been mentioned that anemia can be one affect from the Cyproterone.
- Mental fatigue – This has be one of the weirdest. Occasionally, usually when I’m tired, but also during stressful or emotionally intense times, I have a hard time really keeping up, mentally. It feels like everything’s just been wrapped in gauze and I can’t quite process all that I need to. James has mentioned this as well.
- Moodiness – As I’ve written about, this was more intense previously than it is now, but I still find it relatively easy to get ‘triggered’ by certain things, especially pertaining to suicide. In general, I’ve calmed down into a fairly positive state again, though. More calm than before, even, and maybe that’s some of the ‘eunuch calm’ that has been mentioned online.
- Hot flashes – Had one at the restaurant where we were eating breakfast on August 4th. It was kind of embarrassing, but still an interesting sensation. James says he’s jealous, because he’s never managed to get his testosterone low enough to experience one.